Take your film from concept to screening with expert help every step of the way. Students, even novices, gain the skill and confidence to continue making films.
Open to filmmakers and athletes of all skill levels
Jumpstart your career and boost your resume
Connect with fellow filmmakers and industry professionals
1. Select a film school and SIGN UP!
• Congratulations! You just committed yourself to an amazing experience!
2. Formulate your storyline and film script
• Once you sign up, we will send you a text book and information packet to help you plan the early stages of your script.
• Begin your storyboard (and donít be intimidated, itís just an easy way to get thinking about your film).
• Brainstorm and visualize your film over the phone with Michael Brown - gain confidence and insight to make your movie great!
Prepare for the School
• Organize your adventure gear - skis, crampons, scuba tank (whateverís needed).
• Organizing your camera equipment - cameras, editing software, batteries, audio equipment, etc.
• Depend on our helpful staff to answer your questions battery solutions, weatherproofing your equipment, lightweight camera setups that work in mountains, river, and more.
• Make travel arrangements (including VISAS for international schools).
- 3. Shoot your footage in an amazing outdoor location
• Travel and arrive at your film school destination.
• The first night we have an Orientation Dinner - you will pitch your film to the group, meet and greet your fellow students while enjoying dinner and cold beer on us.
• Shoot on location - spend a few days shooting in a beautiful place while on an adventure!
• Shoot your film with help from instructors - hands on, intensive.
• Learn what youíre interested in - we can help you with:
ο Star time lapses
ο Working with lighting
ο Interviewing techniques
ο Shot placement
ο And more!
- 4. Edit your film, showcase your work, and move on to bigger and better things!
• Learn to transfer footage from your camera to your editing software.
• Receive instruction on using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
• Learn how to select and license music.
• Create a rough draft of your film.
• Work one on one with our instructors to make improvements.
• Finalize your own FINISHED FILM!
• Student Film Festival on the final night of the school - open to the public with drinks, appetizers, and networking.
• Past student films have aired on television, screened at film festivals and won awards.
• Collaboration - you will now be connected with a group of passionate filmmakers who can help you to move forward in the filmmaking industry.
• Invitation to our Facebook Alumni group - provides exposure to job opportunities, events, etc.
• Grow your career - once you have graduated you can count on us for continued support and advice.